We have a Kids Race, 2 mile fun paddle (SUP, Kayak, & OC), a 5 mile race (SUP, Kayak, & OC) & a 4 person Team Relay race.
- Goodie bags and t-shirts for all pre-registered racers
- All paddlers must attend the Safety Race Meeting on morning of race
- All paddlers must wear Leash and PFD
- Prizes for the best dressed 4-person Team Relay – get creative with your team
Full SUP rental packages are available for the race day from California Canoe and Kayak (CCK).
- $20 – Race Day Board Rental
- $70.00 – Adult Clinic with Slater Trout (Friday, July 27,2018, 1-2:30PM)
- $70.00 – Adult Clinic with Slater Trout (Friday, July 27,2018,2:30-4PM)
- Welcome Paddle 4:30-6PM
- $35.00 – 5 Mile Race (all paddlers | SUP, Kayak, OC, Prone | Saturday, July 28, 2018, 9:00am)
- $20.00 – Kid Clinic with Slater Trout (Saturday, July 28, 2018, 10:30 – 11:15)
- $70.00 – Adult Clinic with Slater Trout (Saturday, July 28, 2018, 2:30 – 3:30)
- $10 – Kids SUP Race (Sunday, July 29, 2018, 11:00am)
- $35.00 – Two Mile Fun Paddle (Great for first time racers | Sunday, July 29, 2018, 9:00am)
- $140.00 – 4-person Relay Team (Everyone races at least twice | Sunday, July 29, 2018, 11:30am)
Please note: There is a separate fee for entrance into the state park.
- Must be able to swim
- Intermediate paddlers and above
- Must wear pfds & leashes
- There will be a minimum of 2 other coaches assisting Slater in all clinics
Adult Clinic with Slater Trout
- Introductions: Learn a little about each other
- Dryland Technique: Work on stroke technique on the beach before entering the water
- Beach Warm Up: Go through Slater’s warm up routine before commencing paddle
- On The Water: Paddle technique demonstration
- One By One: Each paddlers will paddle towards Slater so he can provide specific and personalized feedback to each paddler
- Buoy Turns: Buoy turn demonstration and technique
- Team Relay: The group will be broken into teams of two and run a “fun” relay to see what they learned during the clinic
Kids Clinic with Slater Trout – The kids clinic will have a similar outline with less emphasis on complicated technique and more importance on having fun and paddling fast. The kids will race against Salter at the end of the clinic. Lots of fun and light hearted paddling!